There are many types of air units on the market, and portable air conditioners, such as the Everstar MPK-10CR, are one you should try. (Unfortunately, you can no longer buy the Everstar brand of air conditioners. But there are many different brands of portable units available today.)
You should know the positives and negatives about ac units that are portable. One of the best things about a portable ac is that it is portable. You are able to move them easily from one place to another place. They are also inexpensive, and you can get a feel of how inexpensive they are when you compare them to central ac units.
Such units are great choices for people are on a tight budget. Even though they are inexpensive, they can still cool down small rooms, and even medium rooms. This also means that you will not be using much energy when you use a portable ac unit.
There are a few cons you should be aware of. One drawback is that portable ac units are just too small to cool down a large room.
1. The first thing you should do is measure your room, as this will help you determine the size and power of portable unit you should get. The unit pictured here can cool a room up to 200 square feet.
2. Consider the Energy Efficiency Ratio.
3. You will want to make sure to check out the humidity feature. The best thing to do is to choose a unit that can help control humidity.
4. Another thing to keep in mind is power fluctuation. Peak electricity demands tend to be between 6-10 PM, and you want a unit that can perform at its best between these hours, or whenever peak electricity demand is.
5. Noise can be a major problem for some people, and this is why it is important to take the time to find out how loud a portable ac unit is. Some units are louder than others, so make sure to get a quiet unit.
Having a quiet unit will allow you to stay focus or sleep, even when the unit is on. There are many different types of portable ac air conditioners, so make finding a quiet unit should be very easy to do.
Here is one of the quietest portable air conditioners available today.
6. Also, you will want a unit that can easily be operated. The last thing you want to do is to buy a unit that is very hard to figure out how to use. You should also figure out if you want specific features, such as being able to control the unit via remote control. You may want the unit to feature an LCD display, or a thermostat that has a simple operation and so forth.
As you can see there are quite a few things you should know and keep in mind before buying a portable ac. If you keep all of these things in mind, then you will be able to find the perfect portable ac conditioner that meets your needs.