These units are also popular with small business owners. Comparing the advantages and disadvantages of using this type of cooler will help you make an informed purchasing decision when you are looking for the best way to cool your home.
Split Air Conditioner Advantages
- Small units come in a variety of styles
- Owner may install the unit on the any wall or in the ceiling. Floor models are suitable in any location. Useful in any room even one lacking windows
- Installation is simple
- Improves home’s energy efficiency
- Flexibility to set different temperatures in different rooms
- Safer to operate than most wall and window coolers
- Makes minimum noise when in operation
- No need to install duct work
Split Air Conditioner Disadvantages
- Higher purchase price
- Cost can be twice as much as a wall or window cooler
- Professional installers are scarce. Despite the ease of installation, the project can be time consuming and not all retailers are willing to offer this service. Before purchasing a unit, buyers should ask about the availability of installation services.
A split system is effective during the summer months and eliminates some of the problems associated with other types of units. Users have more control over the temperature in individual rooms than they do with other air conditioners. You should consider the disadvantages as well to ensure there are no surprises after you make your purchase.
Before buying any type of air cooling system, it is worth taking the time necessary to compare the various options and consider all the benefits and disadvantages associated with each one. Doing your homework first will allow you to make the best purchasing decision and provide you with the best results after you install your new unit.
You should consider the size of the room and the number of people who may be using it at any given time. You will need to purchase a bigger air conditioner for larger rooms. Look for units with automatic timers or sleep functions. These models are more energy efficient and can save you money on your monthly utility bill.