This article will help you discover the best mobile air conditioner available.
A portable unit is also called a mobile AC unit because it can be moved and installed with ease anywhere that you want to put it. It is a more practical option than a window unit. They can be moved from one room another without any hassles. You also do not have to pay extra fees to have them installed like you would an central AC unit.
If you live in a small apartment with limited space, they can be the perfect choice instead of a window unit or central AC unit. If you already have a central unit in your home, you may want to get a portable unit to compliment it. They can help to lower a high energy bill.
More Information about Portable Air Conditioners:
1. Be sure to choose the right size unit so that it will work the way that it is supposed to work. Bigger is not always better. You do not want to pick out an air conditioner that is too little or too large for your home. You want the unit to work correctly. Some of the most popular sizes are 60,000 BTU, 14,000 BTU, 7,000 BTU, AND 5,000 BTU.
2. Noise is the biggest drawback. Split design units are becoming more popular. They are a much quieter option.
3. Like other air conditioning units, they will give off water condensation that cools the unit and the rest should be removed. There are units that have automatic evaporation technology. They can drain the remaining water condensation automatically.
4. There are two models based on the hose mechanism. They are the air to air and the mono block hose. If you are looking for a unit that runs without stopping and does not need human assistance to get rid of moisture, the air to air is the best choice.
5. It is a smarter choice to use a portable air conditioner that has an energy star approval and a high value of SEER. Be sure to check the filter for your air conditioner monthly. You may need to check it more depending on the filter quality and air pollution that is in your area.