Listed below are some of the advantages of buying window air conditioners:
1. Window air conditioner units are useful because they don’t need to stand on the floor. Many homeowners are reluctant to take-up precious floor space that is needed for chair, tables and larger pieces of furniture.
2. These cooling units offer very good value for money. Central air-conditioning systems can be costly but window units are far cheaper. Look around and you can find a quality window air conditioning unit for less than two hundred dollars. Buy a central AC unit and you may have to pay thousands of dollars.
3. Window cooling units are easy to maintain compared to other types of air cooling devices. Remove the air filters and clean and replace them regularly to keep the units in good-working order. Replacing the air filters is all that needs to be done to keep the system running efficiently.
4. This type of air con runs smoothly and quietly. If you like to snooze in a cool quiet room you should consider buying a window air conditioner. These units are highly-effective and suitable for family life.
5. Lastly, a window ac is very easy to install. You don’t need to be a builder or a carpenter to set up one of these units. You can unpack and install a window AC unit in a few minutes.
Here are a few disadvantages of window ac units:
1. A window air conditioning system must be placed on the windowsill. If you hate putting an air conditioning unit on your sill, this type of air con may not suit.
2. Many people who live in townhouses or condos have to pay monthly fees and residents’ rules and regulations may not allow you to use window air conditioning. This happens because some people view window AC systems as unsightly, but others feel that the noise generated may bother other residents. If you live in a townhouse or a condo, it could be a good idea to consult with your board before investing in a new window AC system.
So, we have looked at the pros and cons of window AC. Now, what do you think? Do you feel that window air-conditioning is a good or a bad thing?
A window air conditioner is effective and is also cost-effective. There are two ways of looking at it, if you intend buying a window ac you should consider your home environment. This kind of air cooling device suits most budgets.