People who are unable to install central or window-based air conditioning systems often turn to portable AC units which do not require any duct work or installation. The following are attributes of the best portable AC unit on the market.
1. The device is easy to move around. Since there is no duct-work, the unit should be easy to move around from one room to the next. They can be used in apartments where installation of window units is next to impossible.
Old houses that prohibit any type of modification can also stay cool with the help of this device. Those who cannot afford to procure, install and maintain a central air conditioning system can easily find a portable conditioner that can fit perfectly into their budget.
2. Quick response. Imagine this. You have just come back from work and the temperatures outside are very high. What you are hoping for aside from a glass of cold drinking water is a breeze of cool air sweeping across your face. While this may be achievable, it cannot happen if you simply wish for it.
You need to go to the conditioner and push the power button. The breezes that you are craving for will be blasting across your face instantly. With portable machines, you do not need to wait several days for the installer to be available. All you need to do is buy an appropriate device and take it home with you.
3. Portable air cons are usually affordable. Most units normally cost less than $300. Since neither duct-work nor installation is required, you can save a lot of money. Over the last couple of years, these machines have become more efficient due to technological advancements.
4. Portability. The name of the device says it all, so there is no need of discussing this any further. The reason why the device is referred to as portable is because it can be moved from one place to another easily. If you are a renter, you can take the device with you when you decide to move to another house. It is important to note that few apartments come with AC machines, and renters are prohibited from installing window units or central air systems.
5. It’s hassle-free. When you buy a portable air conditioner, the only other thing that you will need is the spaces where the device will be placed. Obviously, you must plug the device into an electrical outlet before you can use it. During the off-season, the unit can be used for humidification or dehumidification.