You can buy an air conditioner for casement window at any major hardware or appliance retailer. The one shown here is available on Amazon for under $500.
Before you buy, however, you must make sure you have the right size and type unit for your installation. This way you do not face any unexpected surprises once you try and install the air conditioner for casement window. For the next steps provided, the idea is all this pre-installation work has already been done.
Air Conditioner for Casement Window – Tips for how you can install the machine:
- Select your window you intend to install the unit in. You need to ensure that the window faces an area that offers good ventilation into your room. If the room has only one window, it is really an easy choice.
- Attach the support brackets while using the screws provided. For those who have a brick or hard surface other than wood, you need to install a wooden surface first in order to provide the support to your window braces.
- Install the AC unit assembly by centering the assembly to the support brackets or platform where it’ll sit. Make certain each of the side channels are filled completely and then makes use of the screws for the support to lock it into position. This ensures proper fit and provides you the ability to work with both hands on what will be done next.
- Place the protection around the window frame by peeling the backing off and cut to size as required. You can even take this time to optimize the assembly to ensure you have proper drainage tilt in addition to tightening things up before the air conditioner installation itself.
- Install the air conditioner for casement window and shut the sliding window to secure it along with using the screws given to secure it in to the brackets. Be sure there aren’t any gaps and make use of foam to close any gaps you might find. This helps to ensure that you have the most out of the unit as well as ensuring no insects enter your house through the gaps. Ensure that the vertical aspect is entirely filled and that the air conditioner is secure and free of movement.
Installing an ac unit for casement window is actually no different than a horizontal installation for a window air conditioner with the exception that you should think vertically. Securing the unit is also slightly different since casement units are taller and much more likely to fall backwards if they are not secured properly. This explains why you need a heavier support structure.
Simply follow any and all instructions provided with the machine and you will be able to securely install it with simply a screwdriver along with a cardboard knife.