There are basically three different styles that you can choose from. Foremost among these is the wall design, then there is the PTAC or Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner, which is often used in hotel settings and then the mini split type.
Each of these will provide a specific set of benefits for your home. You might find, however, that certain models are less costly than others given that these have inverter technology. These AC units tend to cost less to operate and they also tend to be a lot quieter when in use in comparison to other AC designs.
Moreover, many of these units come with additional features that make it possible to control temperature settings from any area of the room through remote control technology.
But how about the benefits that you can gain by installing an option that goes through the wall and has heat functionality? We will use this article to discuss these benefits.
1. Unlike other AC designs, you are going to find a number of different options to choose from. One model looks quite a bit like options that are window-mounted but these are wall-mounted instead.
2. With air conditioners like these, once summer has come to an end, you will not need to take your unit down and store it. Rather, you can just put a cover on the outside vent.
3. Given that many of these designs have the above-mentioned inverter technology, the noise levels are lower and their costs are much cheaper over the long-term. Additionally, these options tend to be able to handle major changes in temperatures.
4. A number of the units that are wall-mounted are able to provide both cool and clean air into residential spaces. This is due to the filters they contain that are designed to absorb large numbers of microscopic organisms, mold spores, dust, dirt and other indoor air debris that floats through the air, by using static electricity.
5. Due to the fact that the compressors for these units are situated on a wall that is exterior to the home, the size of the holes that are on the interior of the property do not need to be very large at all. Thus, the costs of installing these designed tends to be far less than the costs of other AC models that require major construction work.